Re: Benchmarking RM9000

Alex Gonzalez wrote:

> The performance of our video application is well below our
> expectations. We are still doing some profiling work on it, but we
> are also looking at other possibilities.
>
> What other benchmarking tool would you recommend?

There's lmbench, available only from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/l/lmbench/lmbench_2.0-patch2.orig.tar.gz
(the debian package itself doesn't work, and its main ftp site seems to
be down)

glxgears is nice and simple for 3d bmarks.

mplayer may be useful with its -benchmark option. Its docs, though
mostly x86 specific, are still interesting for video performance
issues.

Laurence