Re: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 10:56:17AM -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
>
>>The segfault with kernel oops that I can't get around occurs while
>>glib's configure script is checking for libpthread.  Specifically, it
>>links http://beerandrocks.net:8080/~spbecker/oops/conftest.c against
>>libpthread and then runs it.
>

> If that oopses, your famed emerge testing hasn't run any threaded
> programs, my friend :-)

What do you mean by "famed" emerge testing?  In any case, that is what I
am in the process of doing (testing).  This userland I am working with
is in no way an official Gentoo install. :)  At some point in the
future, we will probably make official n32 install stages available to
the general users, after we work all the bugs out...this just happens to
be one of those bugs.

> Could be kernel, could be library, could be both.

Well, since you say that glibc 2.3.5 probably isn't up to par for
mips64, I'll see if I can get cvs HEAD going in a chroot and see if that
fixes the problem.

> Must be at least kernel because the kernel should never oops.

Agreed.

-Steve