Re: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> >  And you may need external patches as glibc is (effectively) not
> > maintained.
>
> Shall I just stop trying, then?  I'm getting tired of arguing with you
> about this.

 Certainly not! -- in this case I haven't meant the MIPS port, but glibc
as a whole -- just have a look at the response to fixes for the Alpha or
i386!

 And please forgive me for the feeling of me arguing with you -- it wasn't
my intention.  Frankly I cannot even realize exactly when it happened.

> For the twentieth time: I am doing everything I can to keep glibc HEAD
> building for MIPS.  I do not have the time or energy to deal with
> Roland's restrictive stable branch rules, so I can not help with 2.3.5.

 Building is not everything. ;-)

> But if you encounter a problem on HEAD, let me know, and I will either
> fix it myself or (if you've got a patch) pester people relentlessly
> until it is applied.

 Certainly -- I'm assuming you are ready for a pile of patches then?
Well, perhaps not that many, but I think I've got around four that should
go upstream.  I'll have a look if they apply cleanly.  None of them
addresses a problem with building though.

  Maciej