Re: need help with CompactFlash/PCMCIA

Or, you use the ide mode/feature of CF and get it to work that way, but
I've never had to do that myself. Then the card looks like an ide device.
That's something one of our guys at Embedded Alley has done in the past.
Don't know how easy it is; I'll ping him.

Sounds like another way to go, in particular since I don't need hotplugging and other PCMCIA features (and their overhead).

Right. And it shouldn't be that hard, but the support just isn't there so some work is involved. Finding an example would be the way to go.

Pete, I owe you a beer. I can see a few things much, much clearer now, thanks!

So open source is indeed about free beer :)

Pete