Re: need help with CompactFlash/PCMCIA

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 18:31, Pete Popov wrote:
> > 2. How can I find out if it's looking at the right addresses? I just need
> > some kind of register which I can probe to find out if the device is
> > where I think it should be.
> >
> > Hmm, in fact I'd be happy about _any_ hint the would get me further. I'm
> > slightly desparate...
>
> Start with the low level routines that detect the card and set the voltage
> levels. When you plug in the card, is it detected? Are you setting the
> correct voltages? What happens next -- is the card at least recognized by
> the cardmgr, which means that the attribute memory is read correctly?

I don't see any message that something is found, nor can I definitely say
where an error happens. I mainly see two parts: one where cardservices are
initialised and one where the driver registers itself. The former doesn't say
it found anything at all, maybe that is already the problem... I'll
investigate further.

Could you post the relevant messages of a working system, so I could compare
that?

Hmmm, I just had a scary thought: I don't have any userspace programs running
yet, meaning also no cardmgr, because I intend to boot from that CF card - is
that possible at all? FYI, I don't need any hotplugging at all.

thanks

Uli