Re: Kernel crash on yosemite

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:20:38AM +0100, TheNop wrote:

> I'm sorry, but all the discussion on this thread did'n help me to solve
> my problem. Since more than a month I'm waitig to get a yosemite board
> with 1.2 version. This still stops my development, when I can't use the
> yosemite with 1.1 version.
>
> In another therad we discuss to create a patch (slowpath) for the titan
> version 1.1. the patch I apply to the the newer kernel sources
> (2.6.11.rc1) but, I have the same problems. So I think the problem could
> be the slowpath thing.
>
> Have anybody an idee how to figure out what could be the problem when I
> make "cp foo foo1" (foo is a lage file ~3,5 Mb)?

A network driver bug in the 2.6 Titan driver which I recently fixes was
that the allocated receive and transmit rings were allocated overlapping
which was causing havoc.

Yosemite w/ Titan 1.1 was suffering from unexplained system freezes for me;
a more recent board with Titan 1.2 is very stable.

  Ralf