Re: Titan ethernet driver broken

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 11:43:51PM +0100, TheNop wrote:

> I use the chip version 1.1.
> Now I have the problem, that I can not use the newest code,  until 1.2
> version of the chip is available.
> Is it possible to make the code usable for all chip version by choosing
> the version at the kernel configuration?

Titan 1.2 is available since quite a while - the dust on my board is
proof ;-)  Since Titan 1.0 and 1.0 were shipped in very low numbers to
early customers only and will never be available in volume production the
support for them was removed.  As I recall there were at least these
problems with Titan 1.0 and 1.1 in Linux:

  - Linux uses the prefetch prepare for store operation.
  - Coherency mode 5 which is mandatory for good performance and any kind
    of sanity on SMP is now being used.
  - The problem with the third ethernet port which Manish just had
    described.

You can dig through XCVS, WebCVS or the linux-cvs archive to find where
I broke backward compatibility.

  Ralf