Re: Titan ethernet driver broken

Well, you dont need to configure kernel based on the chip revision. You can determine the chip revision (on bootup) by reading the processor id (PRID) and the CPU Mask register. Then, check the version number in the driver and do the copy (for IP header alignment) if the version is 1.0 or 1.1

Thanks
Manish Lachwani

TheNop wrote:
Manish Lachwani wrote:

Hello !

Thanks for sending this. I have one question regarding the Yosemite board that you have. What is the version of the Titan chip on the board? Is it 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2?

This is because 1.0 and 1.1 have a problem where the IP header is not aligned on the Rx side. As a result, there was an extra copy involved in the driver, i.e. titan_ge_slowpath. The latest version of the driver only support Titan chip revision 1.2 in which this problem is fixed

Thanks
Manish Lachwani

I use the chip version 1.1.
Now I have the problem, that I can not use the newest code, until 1.2 version of the chip is available.
Is it possible to make the code usable for all chip version by choosing the version at the kernel configuration?

Best regards
TheNop