Compile Mips-Architecture on an i386?

Hello!

Ok i´ll describe first my hardware. It´s a small DSL-Router with
the following hardware:

Its a variant of the AR7-Variante TNETD7300(A)GDW
in it is a MIPS 4KEc Processor
communicationsprocessor (TI DSP) for ADSL interface
USB slave interface
GPIO-Ports and Ethernet
also a 4MB flash memory and a 32MB SDRAM module

OK now the problem:
on the router is a small BusyBox linux and I don´t want to change that now.
But I would like to compile some files like a small webserver or an ftp
programm for the router. Now my question, is it possible to compile a
programm for the router by example on an normal PC(i386)???
What do I need to compile the software so that it runs under the linux
system of the router??

Many questions but I hope some one could help me.

Greets

Maruu

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!