Re: Hi-Speed USB controller and au1500

maybe not everything ist fixed in AD stepping... we have observed that on our
Au1500 AD board the internal USB host only works when we set
CONFIG_NONCOHERENT_IO=y.

without CONFIG_NONCOHERENT_IO=y we get crashes when the used usb bandwidth
gets higher. for example with an USB ethernet adapter: ping works but real
traffic makes the kernel crash. usb-storage does not work at all.

can you confirm this?

would it be possible to use CONFIG_NONCOHERENT_IO=y only for USB, and not PCI?
we have PCI cards (prism54) which only work without CONFIG_NONCOHERENT_IO, so
at the moment we can either have USB host or prism54 based PCI cards...

bruno