Re: yosemite interrupt setup

Manish Lachwani wrote:

Thomas Koeller wrote:

Hi Manish,

may I ask you to help me with this:

I am currently analyzing the yosemite interrupt handling
code. So far I have not been able to find the point
where the association between a particular external or
message interrupt and its vector is established. It seems
that the corresponding OCD address definitions from
asm-mips/titan_dep.h, such as RM9000x2_OCD_INTPIN0, are
not used anywhere in the code. I guess the kernel does
not rely on PMON having set up this before, or does it?

thanks,
Thomas

Hi Thomas

As far as I remember, the message interrupts can be invoked by writing to the INTMSG register. Are you referring to the Hypertransport section or the ethernet section? No, PMON does not do any interrupt related setup. All that is done in Linux.

For example, if you look at the titan ge driver, there is a section:

    /*
     * Enable the Interrupts for Tx and Rx
     */
    reg_data1 = TITAN_GE_READ(TITAN_GE_INTR_XDMA_IE);

    if (port_num == 0) {
        reg_data1 |= 0x3;
#ifdef CONFIG_SMP
        TITAN_GE_WRITE(0x0038, 0x003);
#else
        TITAN_GE_WRITE(0x0038, 0x303);
#endif
    }

    if (port_num == 1) {
        reg_data1 |= 0x300;
    }

    TITAN_GE_WRITE(TITAN_GE_INTR_XDMA_IE, reg_data1);
    TITAN_GE_WRITE(0x003c, 0x300);

    if (config_done == 0) {
        TITAN_GE_WRITE(0x0024, 0x04000024);    /* IRQ vector */
        TITAN_GE_WRITE(0x0020, 0x000fb000);    /* INTMSG base */
    }

Here, 0xfb000020 is the INTMSG register. And 0xfb000024 is the Interrupt Vector register.
AFAIK, the IRQ vector is 8 bits with the top three bits signifying the interrupt number and the bottom three bits indicates the 32 interrupt status bits. So, essentially there are 256 message
interrupts.

Let me know if this helps or if there is something specific ...

Thanks
Manish Lachwani

Hi Thomas

Let me correct myself: 0xfe000020 is the INTMSG base register and 0xfe000024 is the Interrupt Vector register (for the ethernet block). The actual INTMSG register resides in 0xfb000a00. Another example is arch/mips/pmc-sierra/yosemite/smp.c where an interrupt is generated by writing a vector to the INTMSG register:

*(volatile uint32_t *)(0xfb000a00) = 0x00610002;

Thanks
Manish Lachwani