Re: is there *any* way to boot IP32 from hard drive ?

> Hi List,
>
> I've asked the very same question here before, but got no answer. Probably,
> the experts, who might have known the answer just overlooked it... (sorry
> guys for addressing some of you directly, but I'm really in trouble). The
> thing is that I desperately need to get the O2 to boot from its HDD, it'sall
> installed and supposed to be used as a standalone box.

First -- you`re right to use the arcboot image from debian -- that`s how i got
it working.

Second -- not all kernels will run successfully, indeed -- the one i used was
the glaurung 2.6.1 kernel from:

	http://www.linux-mips.org/~glaurung/

This is the only kernel which worked for me so far, and it is not without it`s
share of flaws, namely -- RTC, framebuffer, the AD-based sound chip and mouse
all having issues. Also it hangs (at times) =)

Hope this helps.

regards, Samium Gromoff