Re: Help with MOP network boot install on DECstation 5000/240

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> Eventually I'll re-get all the sources and compile again. Adding a
> timeout shouldn't be all that hard. It should be a matter of extending
> the "connection" table by "last packet's recv/send time" and check this
> table entry upon each new request.

 But you probably have to take resumption into account -- a client may
restart sending requests from the point it stopped.  It may happen after a
link is restored somewhere on the way after a break, for example.  Though
I haven't checked if there's any timeout defined in the MOP spec or
imposed by specific MOP download clients -- perhaps there is.

> >  Another problem which is already known is mopd dying when one of
> > interfaces it's listening on goes down.
>
> Haven't seen that, but my interfaces tend to not go down (at least not
> until the whole machine goes down...).

 Mine tend to do that after I do `ifconfig <iface> down', which is what I
sometimes do.  I need to remember to restart mopd then.  Perhaps mopd
should monitor interfaces appearing and disappearing in general, taking
the restriction on the command line into account, of course.

  Maciej