Re: kbuild support to build one module with multiple separate components?

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 04:00:50PM -0700, Song Wang wrote:

> This is wrong, because kbuild will treat A as
> independent module. All I want is to treat
> A as component of the only module mymodule.o. It
> should be linked to mymodule.o
>
> Any idea on how to write a kbuild Makefile to
> support such kind of single module produced
> by linking multiple components and each component
> is located in separate directory? Thanks.

That's a limitation in the current kbuild system.  You either have to put
all files into a single directory or if you don't want that split your
module into several independant modules.  What I haven't tried is using
.a libraries but they're generally deprecated in kbuild.

  Ralf