Re: IRQ problem on cobalt / 2.6.6

Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 05:21:13PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

In essence, I believe something other than the saa7146 must be asserting
irq 23. Or is it possible that a bug in the PCI init stuff in
saa7146_core.c can
cause this? Any hints how we could debug this would be welcome.

arch/mips/cobalt/irq.c:cobalt_irq() looks pretty suspect. It connects CAUSEF_IP7 and interrupt 23 - but the CPU's builtin count / compare interrupt already uses this bit.

Sharing the timer interrupt with something else isn't impossible but seems
a less than bright thing to do.  Somebody with production hw to test
should compare this interrupt dispatch function with old working code
from 2.2 or 2.4 ...

I've got no hardware here but the code looks roughly similiar

As the Cobalt's use Galileo timer 0 for clock interrupts we could use Galileo rather than count/compare for the HPT.

Precision would be 50MHz rather than 125MHz but that shouldn't be a problem :-)

P.