From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
To: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <juszczec@hotmail.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
CC: <uhler@mips.com>, <dom@mips.com>, <echristo@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: r3000 instruction set
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:21:19 +0100

> Someone suggested posting the message I get.  Here it is:
>
> >./kaffe-bin FirstClass
> [kaffe-bin:6] Illgal instruction 674696a at 2abb034, ra=2adbffd0,
> P0_STATUS=0000500
> pid 6: killed (signal 4)
> >Reading command line: Try again
> Kernel panic: Attmpted to kill int!

Let me guess.  You are running little-endian.  The instruction word
in memory would be 0x6a697406.  Do you think it's a coincidence
that 0x6a6974 spells "jit" in ASCII?  ;o)

The reported address range looks like that where kaffe builds its
JITted instruciton buffers in MIPS/Linux.  And, like I say, JIT is
somewhat broken for MIPS in Kaffe.  Which version of the kaffe sources
are you building, and have you tried configuring with --with-engine=intrp
as I suggested?

Regards,

Kevin K.

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200364ave/direct/01/