Correct assembler/compiler options for 4KC core?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the following opcodes: movz, movn, clo, clz, madd, msub on
both a 4KC and 4KeC core. What gas options should I use to get the above
opcodes to work (mips4?  mips32?)  How would one link against closed source
libraries that were compiled for mips2?  Is there a list of what opcodes
correspond to the various ISA's and gas flags?  The best reference I saw was
from fsf that just mentions the -mips1/-mips2/-mips3/-mips4.  I did notice
in the latest gas docs -march option, but I don't see that available in my
toolchain.  I'm running on a development system with gas 2.9.5 and gcc 2.96.

TIA,

Nick Zajerko-McKee