How to generate the kernel image binary file for a specific memor y area

Hi All,
        I am using Buildroot-QuickMIPS development environment for porting linux-based applications to a development board. When I run the 'make' command in the Top level Buildroot folder, the Kernel Image file generated in srec format defaults to the address where the SDRAM is mapped. In this way I am able to boot the kernel form SDRAM. I want to load the image to flash (mapped to some other address) and boot the kernel from it. Can someone having worked on Buildroot tell me where to locate the linker directive file and make the necessary change so that I can generate the Image for a specific memory area.

Presently I use the Boot Monitor's load command that stores the Image file from some server configured as boot server to Target SDRAM and kernel is executed by issuing the go command. I want to know whether the download mechanism would remain the same for booting the kernel from Flash as from SDRAM or I may need to use some ROM directive in the Linker directive file so that on reset the code is moved from flash to SDRAM and executed from there.

Regards,

ADEEL MALIK,