Re: How to increase download speed for UART

The limitation on download speeds would be determined by the UART on the PC
you are using. PCs are typically limited to 115200 because of the clock
generator they use for the UART. However you can buy add-on cards that can
support up to the 1.5MBaud rate of the 16550. Your local computer store
should carry one of these. They typically plugin to a PCI slot and you should
be able to blast down the kernel image to your board.  That is the best way
to get the 406kbps your board supports.
Also instead of an SREC image, you can tryout the LSI fast-load format. It is
a base64 encoded image, that some firmware supports (pmon for example). A
fast-load kernel image is around 1/2 the size of a SREC. I can get a kernel
image of around 5MB to download in 3 minutes or so via 115200.

Hope that helps
Naren