Re: Re: It is ok on linux ,but not ok on mips_linux as my expection!

Hi, Fuxin Zhang
======= 2003-09-16 18:15:00 WROTE:=======

>To compile a module on mips,some compiler flags are required. An example:
>  CFLAGS=
>     "-I /usr/local/src/linux-mips/include/asm/gcc -D__KERNEL__
>-I/usr/local/src/linux-mips/include
>-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
>-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common
> -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4600 -mips2 -Wa,--trap -pipe
>-DMODULE -mlong-calls"
I have tried to change the compiler flags before.And I am not sure the
exact meaning of the "-mips2".I think it is related to our mips.When I
compile my mips-linux kernel,I used "-mcpu=sb1 " and our mips is
mips64 , but the kernel we use is linux for mips32, because I know linux
for mips64 doest not support kernel module yet(It is a trouble to me too).
One thing confused me is that with the flag "-mips2" or "-mips32", or
"-mips64", when I compiled my kernel module,it will get the following error  :
sch_example.c:80: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
sch_example.c:92: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/tmp/ccxxm0Sw.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccxxm0Sw.s:152: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: R6000 (MIPS2) `lld $3,8($6)'
/tmp/ccxxm0Sw.s:154: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: R6000 (MIPS2) `scd $2,8($6)'
/tmp/ccxxm0Sw.s:245: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: R6000 (MIPS2) `lld $4,8($6)'
/tmp/ccxxm0Sw.s:247: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: R6000 (MIPS2) `scd $3,8($6)'
But when i removed that flags it will be compiled ok, of course it is still can not work ok when i
try to "insmod".:)~
Any advice for me ?
>And you may have know that there are 2 different world of mips: big
>endian and little endian. When
>using cross compiler,you should choose the correct toolchain(often
>mipsel-xxx vs. mips-xxx).

Yes, I have noticed this before and my others simple kernel module can be
compiled  and "insmod" ok. So i think it is the tq_timer or the queue_task
that arose the trouble as you said follow.
>But these normally lead to other errors, so again check for your kernel
>version about task queue data
>structures. (Does your toolchain's kernel headers consistent with the
>one running on mips?)
I have notice the change of the "struct tq_struct" .
But I am not sure  whether the task queue is the best choice to be used here.
Because I know the evolution of "task queque-->tasklet-->softirq" . It seems
"task queque" is a obsolete way.Ha~, maybe I should try to learn how to use
tasklet or softirq.
Is it a right think ? What is your advice?  And what should I do ?
As a newbie to the kernle module ,I am so so so confused.
Thank you again. You are an excellent Linux Man.

>Guangxing Zhang wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>	    Inspired by your advice , I have changed the method of preventing the module
>>from being unloaded while "intrpt_routine" is still in the task queue.Now it can freely
>>"insmod" and "rmmod" in my linux(2.4.18-3,not on mips) at  any time.But unfortunatlly,
>>When I port it to mips_linux, it get some errors as you can see in my mail to
>>linux-mips@linux-mips.org . It confuses me .Why? And what should I MUST pay attention to
>>or what should I MUST learn if I I want to implement schedualing a function to be called
>>on every timer interrupt.
>>
>>        Thank you again and eagering your enthusiastic again!
>>

>>======= 2003-09-16 13:17:00 WROTE:=======

>>>Most ethernet adapter driver(e.g. drivers/net/eepro100.c) use timer,you
>>>can check them for examples.
>>>

>>>Have you check the sleep_on and wakeup routine's argument type? They
>>>should be wait_queue_head_t *
>>>for recent kernels?

>>        Guangxing Zhang
>>        guangxing@ict.ac.cn