Re: It is ok on linux ,but not ok on mips_linux as my expection!

To compile a module on mips,some compiler flags are required. An example:
CFLAGS=
"-I /usr/local/src/linux-mips/include/asm/gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/local/src/linux-mips/include
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common
-G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4600 -mips2 -Wa,--trap -pipe -DMODULE -mlong-calls"

And you may have know that there are 2 different world of mips: big endian and little endian. When
using cross compiler,you should choose the correct toolchain(often mipsel-xxx vs. mips-xxx).

But these normally lead to other errors, so again check for your kernel version about task queue data
structures. (Does your toolchain's kernel headers consistent with the one running on mips?)

Guangxing Zhang wrote:

Hi,

Inspired by your advice , I have changed the method of preventing the module from being unloaded while "intrpt_routine" is still in the task queue.Now it can freely "insmod" and "rmmod" in my linux(2.4.18-3,not on mips) at any time.But unfortunatlly,
When I port it to mips_linux, it get some errors as you can see in my mail to linux-mips@linux-mips.org . It confuses me .Why? And what should I MUST pay attention to
or what should I MUST learn if I I want to implement schedualing a function to be called
on every timer interrupt.

Thank you again and eagering your enthusiastic again!

======= 2003-09-16 13:17:00 WROTE£º=======

Guangxing Zhang wrote:

Hi, Fuxin Zhang

for any warnings. BTW, I don't the method you used to cleanup is safe,
there maybe a task queued but not executed at the time you 'rmmod',doesn't it?

Yes ,in http://www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x1145.html#AEN1201 , it mentions the situation as you said.And just to overcoming it ,it use the sleep_on().But as you see, now it can not "rmmod" correctly and my linux will broke.

As a newbie to kernel module ,I am not sure why and not know how to scheduale a function to be called on every timer interrupt or every seconds in kernle module.
Eagering your help!

interrupt

Most ethernet adapter driver(e.g. drivers/net/eepro100.c) use timer,you can check them for examples.

Have you check the sleep_on and wakeup routine's argument type? They should be wait_queue_head_t *
for recent kernels?

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Guangxing Zhang
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡guangxing@ict.ac.cn