Re: is there any docs/manuals for linker scripts symbols

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 08:01:24AM -0400, ik@cyberspace.org wrote:

> My board has a boot loader (rom) that enforce/restricts the sections in
> the elf header, hence I cannot use the default linker script that comes
> wit the kernel(arch/mips/).

Are you sure the loader actually looks at the sections?  That seems plain
wrong.  Normally a loader should only look at all the PT_LOAD entries in
the ELF program header table for loading.

> I think your reply could be put as a howto/faqs in
> http://www.linux-mips.org (for the global symbols
> used in linux kernel).

So many things that deserve some well written documentation - yet so little
exists ...

  Ralf