Re: Oddities with CVS Kernels, Memory on Indigo2

kumba> As am I.  I've also gotten an NE2000 ISA 10mbps network card to
kumba> be detected and work under `ifconfig', but forgot how to deal
kumba> with multiple network cards, so I didn't actually get it hooked
kumba> up to the network.

Very nice, indeed.

kumba> I've got a 3com 3c597 EISA card in there at the moment, but I
kumba> think it's cooked, since it's MAC Address reports itself as all
kumba> ff's.

Maybe not. 3c597 may be tricky to support, because it does
bus-mastering, which is really a no-go given the state of the current
EISA code on IP22. I'll try to do something about it when 2.5 is
running on the IP22 (if it ever runs...).

kumba> I'm also hunting for an EISA Mach32 video card to see if maybe
kumba> on the offchance, it's possible to build a VESA Compatible
kumba> framebuffer for the system. That will prove to be an
kumba> interesting experiment.

Interesting is quite an understatement... :-)

        M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.