Re: Oddities with CVS Kernels, Memory on Indigo2

Also, forgot to mention on this topic, but while messing with ISA/EISA cards in the I2, I've run across some strange "hack" regarding Local IRQ 3 on the machine. There's a construct inside arch/mips/sgi-ip22/ip22-int.c in the enable_local3_irq() function that purposely panics the kernel if LIRQ3 is probed or used. Any one got any idea why this is? There aren't any comments in the code to explain this odd little construct, and removing it generates some amusing messages at bootup, long the lines of "Whee: Got an LIO3 irq, winging it...". Quite odd if you ask me.

--Kumba

Marc Zyngier wrote:
"kumba" == kumba <kumba@gentoo.org> writes:

kumba> Mind you, that's an ISA Parallel Port card I dropped in.  I
kumba> noticed the SGI's parallel port never worked, so I dug up a
kumba> spare and tried it.

So you're the first to try an ISA card on the I2. I must say I'm
quite pleased it worked ! :-)

M.