Re: Au1500 hardware cache coherency

> So before spending more time on debugging this, and creating patches
> for using HW coherency, I wanted to hear your input - maybe there are
> known problems in the Au1500 coherency implementation?

Looks like Eric already replied to your questions.

Patches to get the code to compile with NONCOHERENT_IO turned off would
be good, even if you don't want to do that yet.

FYI, in the latest kernel I'm getting a panic when doing a very large
'cp -a' from nfs to ata100 disk (don't know if the disk itself matters)
(Pb1500 and Db1500).  The same test passes with a 2.4.18 kernel, so it
seems like it's not a hardware issue, unless the 2.4.18 kernel is just
getting lucky.  I'll be gone till 4/20 so I won't have time to debug it
until after I get back.

Pete