Re: Kernel Debugging on the DBAu1500

Earlier I wrote:

> > Debugging seems to work great now! Thanks!

Well, not quite great. I've abandoned the old Monta Vista gdb-5.0 debugger
since it's been segfaulting.

I've tried building cross-debuggers from the current gdb release (5.3) and
from the March 3 CVS snapshot. Both lock up as soon as I 's'tep, just after
the GDB stub. (./configure --target=mipsel).

Perhaps someone could suggest a version of GDB that I should be using?

I also tried to disable CPU caching, but my kernel wouldn't boot.

Thanks again!

-Jeff

--
         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |  baitisj@evolution.com