Re: Kernel Debugging on the DBAu1500

Pete wrote:
> Sorry, I meant uart3, which would be a reason why the UART2_ADDR define
> below wouldn't work.

Hrm. The DBAu1500 seems to lock up when I execute:
    echo "please, no freeze" > /dev/ttyS2
I can't even get SysRq to work after that command.

/dev/ttyS3 works fine, though.

> > I think it might be. If that's
> > the case, arch/mips/au1000/common/dbg_io.c has this define if kgdb is
> > defined:
> >
> > #define DEBUG_BASE  UART2_ADDR

I changed it to:
#define  DEBUG_BASE  UART3_ADDR

Debugging seems to work great now! Thanks!

-JB

--
         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |  baitisj@evolution.com