Re: NEC VR4181A

Hi,

I'm also suffered from VR4181A :-)  I'm now trying to USBFU (device side)
driver.  The USBFU hardware has many many erratas.

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:22:36 -0800
sseeger@stellartec.com (Steven Seeger) wrote:

> Yeah I didn't notice the A on there. We are looking into the possibility of
> using the A in our board. Part of the problem is that the A only comes in
> BGA and we don't like dealing with that.

VR4181 and VR4181A are completely different.  A developer of NEC said,
"We mistook at naming.  The name seems to be upgrade version, in fact,
they are quitely different."

On the other hand, VR4122 and VR4131 are similar at hardware level.
If you take care of designing board, they can be replaced with others :-)

Thanks.

                                                          Kunihiko IMAI