cannot debug multi-threaded programs with gdb/gdbserver

Hi,

I managed to get gdb to do multi-threaded debug using a gdb on the
target, after Daniel J helped with a patch to sys/procfs.h

I am now trying to do host target with gdb/gdbserver.  The program on
the target uses pthreads.

I can connect, but as soon as you try to continue (to a breakpoint) I
get:

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
warning: Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at
0x2abee684.

I know that SIG32 is used for the thread control on the target, but I'm
not sure if the host gdb is supposed to receive this.  I tried "set
handle SIG32 pass noprint nostop"
and variations, but this didn't help.

Does anyone know whether there is some special setup needed on
gdb/gdbserver to use the multi-threaded gdbserver ??

My environment is as follows:

CPU:		NEC VR5432
kernel: 	linux-2.4.18 + patches
glibc:		2.2.3 + patches
gdb:		5.2/3 from CVS
gcc:		3.1
binutils:	Version 2.11.90.0.25

cross-gdb configured using:

configure --prefix=/usr --target=mipsel-linux --disable-sim
--disable-tcl --enable-threads --enable-shared

gdbserver configured using:

configure --prefix=/usr --host=mipsel-linux --target=mipsel-linux
--enable-threads --enable-shared

Regards, Stuart