RE: Interrupt handling....

Okay... I think I've got a problem that isn't covered by the usual
examples.

I'm now trying to implment a second-level interrupt demuxer.  My
exception handler, when it sees a certain bit set in the CP0_CAUSE
register set, attempts to read from the second-level controller.  The
problem is, that code looks like this:

	li	t0, 0xfc000000
	lb	t1, 0xc(t0)

Which, as you can see, attempts to access address 0xfc00000c.  And
then I get:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address fc00000c,
epc == 801af2ac, ra == 80102eb8
Oops in fault.c::do_page_fault, line 206:

I'm guessing I'm in trouble here.  My instincts tell me the the only
way out of this might be to add a wired TLB entry to make certain I
can always access physical address 0xfc00000c... but I'm hoping there
is a better solution than tying up a TLB entry like that.  After all,
isn't that what ioremap is supposed to do?

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107

pter-interrupt

Jun