Re: PCI Graphics/Video Card for Malta Board?

Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> I'd like to get a video-capable graphics card up
> and running on a MIPS Malta board (therefore
> PCI), ideally something mainstream like ATI.
> Does anyone on the list have any positive or
> negative recommendations in terms of cards
> and particularly in terms of the degree to which
> the drivers (and PCI set-up) have been ported
> to MIPS/Linux?  I'll do what I must, but I hate
> re-inventing the wheel.

I can think of two things. First, a lot of graphics cards
rely on BIOS calls to be set up before the operating system
even boots. Second, I would stick to graphics cards that
have framebuffer support in the kernel as you stand at least
half a chance that those cards don't rely so heavily on a
peecee bios. Just my $.02.

-Steve