Re: Re: Re: vga initialization

hi,

 I met the situation you described before.
x86emu0.6 will give such result on many cards.
I believe it's because their bioses access vga
memory between address [0xa0000-0xc0000],while
in x86emu0.6, the mem_read/mem_write doesn't
distinguish they from bios code section.

 I guess that your code:
  1. copy bios code to PHYSICAL MEMORY 0xc0000
  2. emulation code,and redirect accesses to
    [0xa0000-0xfffff] to PHYSICAL memory 0xa0000-0xfffff
  3. code ok,vga memory access failed. Because pci addr
    !=physical addr in your platform

x86emu-0.8 solve this.

Another caution please,the original code may define
 #define char u8
and your compiler might treat 'char' as unsigned!At
least my sde-gcc from algor seems to do this.it will
lead to failure of 'JB' emulation.

======= 2002-04-25 03:14:00 ÄúÔÚÀ´ÐÅÖÐдµÀ£º=======