Re: Re: PCI VGA Card Initilization (SIS6326 / PT80)

Hello Girish,

I have used the x86emu code to run the BIOS code
on an ATI Rage IIC PCI adapter. I added the code
to the PMON that I build for my company's Hurricane
board. The code for the emulator does not require
a lot of work because it is seperated between
portable code that is not board or system specific
and glue code that is.

In the x86emu-0.8.tar.gz archive you will find the
portable code in the directory scitech/src/x86emu.

The code in scitech/src/biosemu can be used as a
starting point for creating the glue code.

Dan Aizenstros
Software Project Manager
QuickLogic Canada

>>> "Girish Gulawani" <girishvg@yahoo.com> 03/22/02 03:45 AM >>>

hello, all
thank you very much for all these reply mails.
my saga of VGA initialization continues. it occurs to me that the x86
emulation for the VGA bios is a long process. SiS6326 chipset has support
inside XFree86 & digging out the BIOS code from here is also a big story.
hence i was looking for a rather quickish solution. currently i'm trying to
use sis_*.c files from XFree86 source. dont know how but my monitor displays
2 red & 1 green vertical lines. the sis_bios source code searched for the
mode, memory references inside the BIOS at 0x20A offset & it failed to find
the mode & other info. AOpen BIOS version is 2.25.
could anybody of you please share your success story of VGA initialization
on MIPS board with me??
many thanks in advance.
regards,
girish.