Re: Compressed images?

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:57:09PM -0800, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>                                                Right now we've got more
> than half a dozen variations of code to support compressed images throughout
> the kernel.  So I'm not going to accept any new patches for compressed
> images before this mess has been cleaned.  Volunteers :-)

Do you mean just the 'ad hoc' MIPS schemes, or across the whole gamut of
Linux architectures?

The problem isn't so much the compression mechanics, but the BSP/LSP.

It would be helpful if there was one architecture that was
considered the 'ideal'.  Though I haven't actually used it:
arch/ppc/boot appears very flexible, and adheres to a strict
layout and naming convention.

Geoff
--
Geoffrey Espin