Re: What is the maximum physical RAM for a 32bit MIPS core?

Pete Popov wrote:

> I'm not sure if it's a "little" though.  Ralf has already done the work
> for 64bit memory support on 32bit kernels, but that only works currently
> on 64bit CPUs.  I started hacking on the 64bit memory patch to get it to
> work on 32bit processors, but had to put that aside for a few weeks. I
> hope to get back to it soon.

Sure, the "little" is a relative term. As far as your patch is concerned,
you are essentially trying to use a true 32-bit processor (my definition
being that it is not a 64-bit processor running in 32-bit mode), to address
address more than 4GB of physical memory. I don't see how that is possible
with just the MMU and TLB unless you are using chip selects and customm
logic.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer