Re: Newport XZ

It's definitely not a dual head board, however, attached to the sgi bus
(s-bus?) these two cards are stacked on top of one another.  The top one
has the display adapter.  I only say it is a XZ because of a hardware site
that I found that showed all the different Newport cards, and this was the
only one that matched it.  I don't have a problem doing the serial (found
a cord), but I looked at the kernel source for the graphics and gconsole
drivers, and it looked like they work now by some dark black magic.  There
is no probing of the card of any kind, and even the code that looks as
though it might be able to run on more than one machine has been #if 0 -ed
out.  Would only the base address for the XZ be different, or would it be
a completely different arrangement for the card as opposed to the XLs?

-George

--
George R. Gensure       Computer Science House Member
werkt@csh.rit.edu       Sophomore, Rochester Institute of Technology