Re: Newport XZ

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:30:38PM -0500, George Gensure wrote:
> Does the current kernel support the 2 board Newport XZ?  I have it in one
> of my machines, and I can't even get console, let alone get in there to
> run X. (no serial terminal available... damn the mac style serial)
If this is a 2 board XL, chances might be good to get this working
fairly easily. My impression was always that these are basically two XL
boards located at different base addresses, but I never ever got my
hands on such a board myself. Anyway you'll need a serial cable to debug
things anyway.
As for the XZ, there are no docs neither for single headed nor dual
head(I didn't know there's a dual head XZ too).
 -- Guido