> Therefore:
>
> 	set_io_port_base(0xb4000000);
> 	isa_slot_offset = 0xb0000000;

Yep, that's what I have.

> >    > -more /proc/iomem
> >    00000000-00ffffff : System Ram
> >      00002000-001bc6af : Kernel code
> >      001cf300-00299fff : Kernel data
> >  (this seems very wrong to me, since the kernel is most definately
> >   not in the I/O memory space; real memory, of course, but I/O memory??)
>
> No, this makes perfect sense on a 16mb system.

How so?  See the memory map I just sent in my other mail.  Should I be
adding isa_slot_offset to calls to check/request/release_mem_region?
Or should I make a isa_{check,request,release}_mem_region that adds
this in?  In which case, doesn't that turn /proc/iomem into a general
memory map rather than an I/O memory map?

> > 4) it can use ioremap, and then read[bwl] and write[bwl] with the result
> >  - this fails with the current ioremap; neither ioremap nor read/write[bwl]
> >    take isa_slot_offset into account
>
> And that's right because isa_slot_offset is used by the isa_{read,write}[bwl]
> functions which do not require ioremap having been called before.  You're
> (fortunately ...) using PCI and PCI drivers are required to use ioremap.

No, I'm not using PCI, but it's calling ioremap anyway.  So, yes, I
suppose I could change the driver to not call ioremap and use
isa_{read,write}[bwl] (since doing both adds KSEG1 twice).
But why shouldn't ioremap + {read,write}[bwl] also work?
If it did, I wouldn't have to touch the driver.

-jim