[ppopov@xxxxxxxxxx: Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]ioremap & ISA]

Ralf, perhaps you (or someone else here) can help:

> From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
> To: jim@jtan.com
>
> On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 18:37, Jim Paris wrote:
> > I'm confused.  Shouldn't ioremap use isa_slot_offset for ISA
> > addresses, and if not, why not?  Where should isa_slot_offset go?  It
> > can't go into read[bwl]/write[bwl], because ioremap would add KSEG1,
> > and isa_slot_offset would already include KSEG1.
>
> What would be considered an ISA address -- the standard PC definition?
> I don't think that would work on most mips boards.
>
> I'm not sure what isa_slot_offset is meant to do at all.  Shoot Ralf an
> email, perhaps he has a clear explanation (and then let us know :-)).

If I make ioremap use isa_slot_offset for addresses under 16MB, then
PCMCIA works for me.  I don't see any other way to get isa_slot_offset
in there without hacking PCMCIA in ways that break other arches.

--

On a somewhat related note, I've noticed that if I include IDE disk
support in my kernel (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK, ide-disk.o), then stuff

-jim