Re: [LV] FYI: Mopd ELF support

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Dave Airlie wrote:

> >  Since I'll be away till Tuesday, expect an update in the middle of the
> > next week.  I'm assuming ELF loading works, right?
> >
> not sure the VAX is handling this too well..
>
> if I boot the vmlinux ELF file our build system produces it won't boot it
> but I think this is due to our vmlinux file being linked for running with
> VM switched on, and the mop loads it into memory that doesn't exist..

 Do you set segments' p_paddr (physical address) correctly?  The current
version of ELF support uses p_vaddr (virtual address) for simplicity, as
the ELF specification mandates loadable program's segments to be ordered
by an ascending value of their p_vaddr.  I'll fix the program to use
p_paddr instead.  The difference is insignificant for the DECstation since
its firmware uses virtual addresses -- MIPS never exposes physical
addresses to a program (well, almost, but that's irrelevant here).

  Maciej