Installation/booting of Mips Linux from local harddrive...

I am running an sgi Indy with Irix 6.2 installed (hopefully not for long)
and have been looking at linux for sgi for a while now. I even installed
hardhat linux on it about a year and a half ago but had no experience of
linux/unix what so ever  at that time, so i gave it up due to the booting
causing me some trouble. Anyway to get to the point, i thought that i read
somewhere a while ago  that you had managed to get linux to boot locally at
the machines now and just thought that i would ask you if its true. If so
where do i locate the kernel, you have quite a few on your ftp... Sorry
about these stupid questions and keep up the good work!!!

Regards

Peter