Re: setup_frame() failure

>>>>> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:11:19 +0200, Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com> said:
ralf> The actual fix should be skipping over the faulting instruction
ralf> when returning from the signal handler.

Since the signal handler may want to know the faulting instruction,
the "skipping" should be done AFTER the returning from the handler.
On the other hand, the handler may do the "skipping" by itself...

The symptom I reported first ("the process can not be killd by
SIGKILL") does not occur if the signal handler executed successfully
because do_signal() will be called when returning from sys_sygreturn.
The symptom occur if setup_frame() failed.  So I still think there is
a point to check a failure of setup_frame().

---
Atsushi Nemoto