Re: Kernel crash on boot with current cvs (todays)

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>
> > Nope - it wont as it strictly uses the /usr/bin/objdump - You have to
> > set the environment var "KSYMOOPS_OBJDUMP"
>
>  Good it has a way to override the default, but wouldn't looking for
> objdump in the PATH variable (i.e. using execvp()) be more reasonable?
> This way ksymoops would always work in a cross-compilation environment
> (i.e. with $tooldir/bin preceding $bindir in PATH).

I originally designed ksymoops that way but there are so many different
methods of naming the binutils for cross compile environments that I
gave up.  Using the path runs the risk of picking random versions of nm
and objdump and still not being correct.  Anybody running cross compile
has to specify parameters for System.map, ksyms and objects, so adding
paths for binutils is a small change and is the only way to guarantee
that the correct versions are used.