Re: new comer question

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 04:47:42PM +0200, julien wrote:

> I'm following this list's discussions since many months, and I decided
> to get linux running on my Indy box (R4400, Newport gfx)... To do so, I
> followed standard installation instructions and used the hardhat5.1
> archive located at ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/redhat ...  I set up
> the tftp / bootp / nfs root  on a FreeBSD box as we don't have any Linux
> here, but this shouldn't be a problem, should it ?

Of course not.  You can use any system as the server.  When you say
"standard installation instructions" what does that mean exactly?
More importantly, which kernel did you use and where did it come from?

> $0 : <some hexdump>                        <-- do you need these dumps

It depends.  If this kernel is a newish 2.4 kernel or current CVS 2.2,
then yes, the dumps are needed to solve the problem.  If this is an
old or ancient kernel you might want to send the dumps anyway but most
people will ignore you.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------