Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 07:48:24PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:
>
> > There are many changes in gdb, especially in thread and C++ supports.
> > We need those on mips also. I am willing to spend my time. But I need
> > some help. I don't know much about mips :-(.
>
>  It would be nice to have at least basic C support in mainline.
>
> > I'd like to get gdb working first. Do you have time to answer some
> > questions?
>
>  I often have time to write mails (but I don't have most of my development
> resources here).  Feel free to ask -- I'll try to answer as I can.  I
> haven't been into MIPS/Linux development tools for some time now, since
> they are mostly working for me, so my memory might be vague.  I'm working
> on the kernel mostly these days -- my primary goal is to find out why
> Linux crashes hard when building binutils natively on my DECstation (the
> progress is at a snail speed, unfortunately).

I've actually spent this week porting the gdb CVS head to MIPS; I've
got it almost entirely working now.  There's one problem with SIGTRAP
that I haven't quite figured out yet, and thread attach isn't quite
working, and there's a kernel bug I've been repeatedly triggering that
I think I just fixed.  I anticipate it all being done in a couple of
days - I'll post here and on the GDB list when I have it in slightly
better shape.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team