Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:

> There are many changes in gdb, especially in thread and C++ supports.
> We need those on mips also. I am willing to spend my time. But I need
> some help. I don't know much about mips :-(.

 It would be nice to have at least basic C support in mainline.

> I'd like to get gdb working first. Do you have time to answer some
> questions?

 I often have time to write mails (but I don't have most of my development
resources here).  Feel free to ask -- I'll try to answer as I can.  I
haven't been into MIPS/Linux development tools for some time now, since
they are mostly working for me, so my memory might be vague.  I'm working
on the kernel mostly these days -- my primary goal is to find out why
Linux crashes hard when building binutils natively on my DECstation (the
progress is at a snail speed, unfortunately).

  Maciej