address translation with TLB

Howdy,

What are the things to do to use the TLB for access to otherwize
unreachable PCI memory or IO areas? I have used the function
add_wired_entry to add an entry to the TLB, modified the
functions virt_to_phys, phys_to_virt, virt_to_bus, bus_to_virt,
and ioremap to do the translations I want , but I wonder if there
are other things to do to get this working. Even more so, because
none of the mips boards currently in the tree seem to need TLB
remapping.

Greetz,

Tom