Re: Linux/MIPS pages on oss

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:03:38PM +0200, Klaus Naumann wrote:

> I have done some updates on the web pages on oss.
> The HowTo page is back, and a small addition to the
> downloads page was made. I'm planning to do some
> more updating this weekend - so please send everything
> you want to get online/changed to me and it will happen.

I think it would be good to have detailed information on what exactly
works and does not work in recent versions of the toolchain and
kernel.  While this information is too temporal for the HOWTO, it does
deserve a home.  Perhaps a separate FAQ with this sort of information
is in order.

The idea is to be able to answer questions like "I'm getting undefined
symbol __foo while building glibc version X.Y.Z on mipsel; what's
wrong?" and "Does linux run on the FOO4161 CPU core?" and of course
the infamous "What toolchain should I use?" with a URL.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------