Re: 64-bit on Cobalt?

Ralf Baechle wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 06:42:41PM -0400, John Tobey wrote:
>
> > The CPU is a QED RM5231 (CONFIG_NEVADA) 150MHz.  May I assume that
> > nobody has run a 64-bit kernel on this thing?  The RaQ has no video
> > card but a serial console, PCI, IDE, Ethernet, and special LEDs, panel
> > buttons, and LCD display.  If I can get a 64-bit kernel to boot and
> > prove its existence through any of these devices, I will be drunk with
> > power.
>
> So far the only supported machine by the mips64 kernel is the SGI Origin
> 200 / 2000 series.

I have a QED RM5261 running a bigendian 64-bit kernel on our Malta board (it
got a serial console, PCI, IDE, Ethernet).
I haven't send the patch to Ralf yet, but you can get a snapshot at our
kernel sources at
ftp://ftp.mips.com/pub/linux/mips/kernel/2.4/src/linux-2.4.1.mips-src-01.00.tar.gz

Hope it helps you.

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com