Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>

>> stdint.h isn't available everywhere.  Aside of that I won't object ...
>

>  That's why I wrote of legacy hosts.  The AC_CHECK_HEADERS and
> AC_CHECK_TYPE macros are cross-compilation-safe and they are all that
> modern hosts need.  For other hosts AC_CHECK_SIZEOF might be used to find
> generic types suitable for ISO C definitions, which might be problematic
> for cross-compilation, though.  Still this applies to non-gcc
> cross-compilers only, which are not that common, AFAIK.

You might call it a hack, but it makes life easy if you do something like:

export ac_cv_sizeof_short=2
export ac_cv_sizeof_int=4
export ac_cv_sizeof_long=4

sh ./configure --target=$CONFIG_TARGET --host=$CONFIG_HOST
--prefix=$CONFIG_PREFIX --exec-prefix=$CONFIG_EXECPR

This will short circuit a "broken" configure trying to execute programs
for this kind of thing. If configure doesn't care about sizeof_int, then
this definition is silently ignored...

--
Joe deBlaquiere
Red Hat, Inc.